Pages

11.03.2010

Bragging rights...

I rarely share with you all the sweetness that is my sweet Love...our Ri Ri.  Usually, as I am told very often, I will share those horror stories or the latest struggles I find while raising a little girl who is beyond independent, strong willed, and willing to forgo another spanking in defense of her point or opinions.  

Other than her heavenly Father, who has made her to His specifications, nobody knows or understands better than I the perfection that she encompasses.  So without further adieu....

We usually attend the 8:00am Sunday worship service, but last Sunday we pushed our start time back to 9:30 which meant Ri was in a different Sunday school class than normal...but with the same teachers that she had had when we first started Church there.  They were beyond excited to see her when I dropped her off and she walked right in without any thought.  Church was over and I went to pick her up and one of the teachers grabbed me and our conversation went like this:

T:  Sara, you have one of the sweetest little girls I have had the chance to teach
Me:  (smiling) Thank you...we love her!
T:  She has used her manners all morning (yes ma'am, thank you, please) and when I asked her if she wanted another cracker she said "yes" and then looked at me with that sweet grin and said "oh, sorry I forgot ...yes ma'am"
Me:  we've been working hard
T:  it's paying off...she also told a little boy when he wouldn't share a toy "you need to be kind because Jesus wants us too!"
Me:   (heart is overjoyed)
T: not to mention she is beyond gorgeous...I have two little girls that I of course think are beautiful...but that Ri  is a rare beauty.

I thank her for sharing and scoop up my rare beauty!

------------------------------------------------

Last night K got sick ---vomitting sick---so when it came to be her bedtime I wasn't able to go "love on her" because he was asleep on me.  I told her that I would do my best to come to her room if I could get K to bed.  I pass K to Chris and walk into her room.  Her eyes are closed and she is playing with her hair...which she has done since she was a baby...it means she is on the verge of falling to sleep.

I lay on the bed and she opens her eyes and gives me her biggest grin and says:

"momma, I was hoping you were going to come in here.  I was closing my eyes and hoping you were going to come love on me, but I didn't know if you could"

I of course respond..."love, I could never let you go to sleep without loving on you first!"

She then moves her baby and motions to her shoulder..."you can lay on my shoulder momma"

That is exactly where I lay my head and she wraps me up into a head lock and I hear..."I love you momma!"

In that moment I realize my life is
....priceless!

1 comment:

Ashley Harrison said...

Sara,
Your posts always bring tears to my eyes. What blessings you have in your life! Thanks for sharing your evidence of God's love!