Pages

10.29.2010

It's my fave...



I love photographs.  
I take a lot of them.  
I've learned that if you don't, it's easy to forget the beauty of the moment, the expressions, the little things that can sometimes pass if you blink just a little too fast!

This picture hangs in my house.
Well...because it is my fave!

The beauty of the moment...
Her strength.  Her eyes. Her hair.  
His strength.  His love for her.  Ok...His lack of hair!  :)

The expressions...
Her smile.
His grin.

The little things...
The hug.  The way she eases into him.  The years together.

It depends on the day, but different emotions arise inside of me as I walk by this picture and so often stop and stare.  Sometimes I smile because her smile does that to me.  Sometimes I get angry because I miss that life in her that she is fighting so hard to keep.  I get angry...really at anybody who has been in my path that day.  Sometimes I just think about her hair or how unfair it is that none of us kids got those amazing blue eyes.  Some days I wonder how I got so lucky to have to of the most amazing parents.  Somedays I get sad for my dad.  I could keep going, and going, and going...

But everyday...I am hoping and praying that she gets that sparkle back.  Yep...look real close and you can see that sparkle of life in her eyes, her smile, her body language!  

To say it has been a fight for her...is a huge understatement.
She is tired.
She deserves a rest.

If I could give her anything it would be that...
a day of rest where she didn't have to fight, think, worry, pretend to be strong for all of us!

My mom is amazing and I am so proud of her!  

It's the end of October which is Breast Cancer Awareness month...

The Philadelphia Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, teaming up with over 130 NFL Alumni Philadelphia Chapter Cheerleaders and UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania, invite the world to help "Team Ra-Ras Kick Breast Cancer." To encourage viewers to share the video with others and increase breast cancer awareness, UnitedHealthcare will donate ten cents ($.10) per view to The Philadelphia Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure up to a maximum donation of $100,000



I LOVE YOU MOMMA!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

still praying for your sweet fam often!!! ive thought about your momma a lot this month =) I love the family pictures at the beach, i hope yall had a great time!!!