Pages

3.24.2011

Opportunities...from Him.

I am learning that He gives us opportunities.  
Opportunities that sometimes we are not expecting.
Opportunities that evoke sadness.
Opportunities... that I don't want to miss.

Opportunities through a simple conversation...


Sweet Love:  Look momma, there's where mamaw Debbie is at.  

We are stopped at a familiar stop light and I look around but am not understanding her...

Momma:  Sweet Love, where is mamaw Debbie?

Sweet Love:  Over there (as she points out the window).  She died.

  I hear the "she died" and follow her little finger...
I can feel the tears but hold them back...
She is pointing to a little cemetary, behind a small church that sits next to the intersate...

Momma:  Sweetie, that's not where mamaw lives that is where we go to celebrate her

Sweet Love:  but momma, that is where we left her

Momma:  yes love, we took her there so we would have someplace to celebrate the life she lived with us, but mamaw Debbie's heart is in Heaven.

Sweet Love:  yes momma, but where is she at?

Momma:  If we love Jesus and He lives in our heart we go to Heaven to be with Jesus.

Sweet Love:  mamaw Debbie loved Jesus she told me.  And her heart is in Heaven.

Momma:  yes love, she did!

Sweet Love:  momma, can we go there and celebrate her and can I wear my purple dress?

Momma:  baby, that is called a cemetary and we celebrate mamaw at a cemetary where papaw lives.

Sweet Love:  well, when I go visit my papaw Randy, I'm gonna bring my purple dress and we are going to go celebrate her

Momma:  mamaw Debbie would love your purple dress and she would love for us to celebrate her


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you should continue following the teachings you learned.  You know they are true, because you trust those who taught you.  Since you were a child you have known the Holy Scriptures which are able to make you wise.  And that wisdom leads to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 3:14-15

2 comments:

Liz said...

"Out of the mouths of babes." You took an opportunity and turned it into an achievement. Well done!

April said...

You touched my heart Sara.