Pages

9.18.2010

...can't get a break!

 My sweet boy... 
landed himself here...

after a first-class ambulance ride due to a scary case of bronchiolitis.   

For me and you, just a common cold, but it landed our little Lover in the hospital for 2 days!  I sprung him out a few days early with some smooth talking, attending an asthma class and did I say some smooth talking.  We are doing breathing treatments at home around the clock and things are looking good!

He stayed in good spirits the entire stay and managed to keep himself busy...checking emails, playing with equipment and of course a game of ball with daddy (thanks Liz for the basketball, it was a hit!)
On our way home from the hospital a girlfriend called and I was filling her in on our last few days...it was kind of funny because she had asked what we had been up to and when I answered leaving the hospital she said...Oh, so you're in WV again.  Nope...not this go.  We kind of laughed and she said...You guys just can't get a break!

I would be lying if I were to tell you that that exact thought hadn't crossed my mind especially the night in the ER when they informed us that they were going to admit him.

But in reality...God has given me a break.  
The floor we stayed on was a neurology floor -specializing in brain tumors.  I will tell you, Children's Hospital in Atlanta is phenomenal!  K woke up at 3:30am one morning and I unhooked him from the monitors so we could venture into the halls for a little walk...we found an indoor play area, an outdoor play area, and a library all to entertain the kids who find their way into the hospital.

As we made our rounds, I saw a door decorated with Team Jacob photos, indicating that some little girl had been there for a while.  I saw parents in and out of rooms with a quick glance inside realizing that their babies were laying in bed, heads wrapped in bandages, with too many monitors hooked to them for a quick stroll down the hall.  I could go on, but lets not.  So...did I get a break?

A BIG ONE!  

Two healthy babies that catch the occasional cold...I'll take that any day!

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Those pictures are breaking my heart, I just want to kiss his face!!! Please give him a kiss from aunt J! Love you guys!

jennifer said...

oh my goodness, ive been thinking about yall all week!!! so glad he is home. praying for you guys and im so sorry he was sick! love you!

The Odeh's said...

I feel your insight. Ryan had an appendix scare last year and a good friend of mine is battling brain cancer of should I say her son is. I will take an appendix scare any day!